Within a matter of minutes, it is easy to discover a classic car value without purchasing any price guides. It is not necessary to pay for something that you can get for free. You don’t even have to leave your home in order to obtain this information as it can be done completely online.
How to Use KBB to Find The Value of a Classic Car
- You need to go to the Kelley Blue Book homepage where you can obtain the actual “blue book” value.
- After getting on the site, you should use the search function to find the appropriate page that will take you to a section where you can order the classic car blue book. In the upper right-hand corner, you will see the search dialogue box. Type “classic car” into the box and do a search.
- On getting to the first page of results you will see that the first listing is “Official Kelley Blue Book Early Model Guides“. This is the link that you want to follow to get your classic car blue book, so follow this link and it will take you the page showing the three different Kelly Blue Book options which are Used Car, Older Car, and Early Model.
- Next you want to click the link that says “Learn More” and you will arrive at a page which gives you a form to fill out your information. You can do this and have someone contact you by email about ordering the “Early Model” guide, which is the one you want, or you can just call the 1-800 number listed on the page and order by phone.
- If you don’t feel like waiting for this or ordering the Early Model Kelly Blue Book then you can check one of the other websites like NADA or Edmunds as mentioned above, or check your local bookstore to see if they have the Early Model Kelly Blue Book in stock.
Kelley Blue Book is the most widely known price guide, but there are many other available options as well that are free. Take some time to research different sites on the internet and have the proper information available in order to receive the most accurate blue book value. Have the year, make model, and any additional features available ready to go as long as the overall condition of the vehicle. All of these things will play into the worth of the vehicle.
Other Ways To Find a Classic Car Value
Contacting your local bank is another way to find a classic car value as banks generally have these guides at their disposal when determining loan values. Only a certain amount of what a car is actually worth will be loaned out by the bank, so the price guides are a necessity when deciding when to approve a loan. When contemplating buying or selling a car, having a good relationship with a particular bank will come in handy as they are an easy source for finding a blue book value.
Auto shows that are in your area are another outlet for finding a free blue book value. The locals at these events usually have no problem in helping you establish a car’s worth and will even help classify the car’s condition if you drove it there. This will give you the most accurate value of the car as the experts seem to know exactly what they are talking about.
Check out local dealerships and see if they are able to assist you in determining a classic car blue book value. Most of the time, helping you will aid in their business to be knowledgeable about how much each car is worth so they tend to have the guides available. It may be as simple as asking a dealer for the blue book price in order to obtain it.